Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Newspaper

What I learned about newspaper in lecture 4 in class was that newspaper has been around for the longest time. Its been here every since people were able to print. Newspapers have been around since the 1800's and that's almost 200 years. What I learned from this lecture that I didn't know newspaper have been around that long. I also wonder where the name newspaper came from. Also I learned about John Peter Zengar and he wrote rude things about government and I also learned about that the truth is the ultimate defense vs libel like for example when you print or record something that is bad for someone's reputation. Also party papers were good things about their party, bad things about other party's this was elitist in newspapers but there was also the penny press which was populist , people made copies then old sold them for a penny. I also found out about muckrakers people thought found dirt on you and told the press about you. The history of newspaper was very interesting finding out who made the first newspapers and found out all the important dates that happen in newspaper dates.

No comments:

Post a Comment